Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Flash Sale Sites

Oh flash sale sites!

When will you learn that your congratulatory sign-up emails don't impress me?

If you must send an initiatory email, a succinct 'welcome' will do.


Even then, I will probably unsubscribe very soon, because I do not trust your 'send me less emails' option claim.

Does anyone else feel like your email is a never ending game to hammer down (unsubscribe) 'subscriptions' you once submitted your email address to? Like that arcade game where one hammers down those pop-up objects... that only pop up in another spot a second later.

Buehler?

2 comments:

siovhan said...

I feel this way every morning when I wake up to "75 unread messages" in my Gmail folder and usually only 1 or 2 are from actual people I know and want to hear from ... the rest: subscriptions that get promptly deleted.

Alexandra said...

Precisely!