Sunday, August 14, 2011

Momofuku

Means "lucky peach" ... fitting.

I moved down to the West Village, which is ridiculous. I love all my friends, and all the people who surround me, my family, my incredible parents and sibs. My job is ridiculous. Life is ridiculous. I am bursting with ridiculousness, and I'm sounding painfully ridiculous describing all of it.

For this wringer of a year I've had, I'm now the most sure I've ever been of what I want from life. This city and the experiences I've had thusfar have completely ripped open all of my prior notions to shreds, humbling me to take a crash course of how the world really works and how my energies should most efficiently be directed in the present.
I turn 24 next month and in all seriousness, I feel like the adventure has only JUST begun. Funny (now) that only 6 months ago, it felt as if it were just beyond my grasp.
I have never felt more happy or formidable, and just so glad I persevered through the roughness of uncertainty.

Aaand now, picture time.
After Momofuku this past week, (The definition of inventive. Get the pickled mussels container thing-y and then go across the street to the Milk bar and get their cake truffles), literally ran into this:




Still feel SO bad Suri has to carry an umbrella due to flashbulbs.


Anyway, I hope all of you are well and if not, know it all gets better with a time!

1 comment:

Jg. for FatScribe said...

i'm usually the one with the name-dropping, but Suri? awesomeness.

and, now on to ridiculousness. LOVE your bold, brash and world-weary worldview. ridiculous is a great catchphrase. stay frosty? nay, stay ridiculoso!!!

go on, girl, with your bad, ridiculous self. look out world!