Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Word choice anxiety

I realize my posting has been pretty scattered and perhaps hard to follow. I'm trying harder to expunge details and thoughts without getting crippling word-choice anxiety that too often leads to drafts left unpublished.

The other day I received an email with the exact address of my old house as the subject line and some gibberish in the body (much like a Craigslist spammer, but this one was an incomplete business proposal), and it freaked me out. I am scared for my anonymity, and scared that somehow this account will one day serve as blackmail or that people will use this info as a way to predict my real-life behavior. There is also concern that people take some things too literally when sarcasm is intended (or vice-versa)... or that this blog informs my life. Inform or contradict, I'm just here for the writing practice and to entertain a couple of you who have supported me along the way.

Anyways, I hope you can graciously pardon the errors of run-on sentences, nonsensical comparisons, and incomplete thought processes, to name a few of my foes.

Or maybe I'm just in my head (which is highly, if not, entirely possible).

No comments: