Friday, October 7, 2011

Hope

I know some may disagree on this editorial concept, but I think Hope Solo is just stunning.



As someone who everyday sees models (and others) so obviously on a heavy rotation of cigarettes, coffee, and cocaine, I love seeing muscle put on a pedestal.

I remember seeing Anja Rubik at an event a few months ago and thinking I could literally snap her in half with my fingers. It really scared me! And this from someone who has hoped my whole life to be lankier. Part of what's been so great about getting older is learning to appreciate my more 'athletic' form. I've also taken to wearing heels (when I don't have long walking routes planned), because I find it empowering to toooower over people. I guess I've finally reached a mental place where I know will never be able to blend in, so I figure why not just punctuate the hell out of standing out?

4 comments:

Jg. for FatScribe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jg. for FatScribe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.RIPPY said...

I love this, Alex.

Jg. for FatScribe said...

this post deserves an attagirl!!

now, re: the naked female form? when (when you're not busy fanning that wanderlust, or reaching another academic goal), have a read over at the ole porkster (perfect for the subway):

http://fatscribe.com/2011/04/bridget-moynahan-just-nude-or-lurid.html

btw -- my last comment just seemed a tadbit too d-baggy ... was not my intention. deleting it (twice) has now rectified my discomfiture.