Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hallo again

Ok, so yes, I never thought I'd be one of those who a) went on a mission or b) came home early due to that ever-ambiguous excuse of "health problems."

But in short, I had a super strong prompting to go, and my mission president (the second I had) was utterly fantastic in telling me I needn't have any regrets about leaving.

And people have all been really sensitive to if I'm "ready" to talk again, or whatever. Even though I'm confused to be home, I am relieved to be and just looking forward to what life will bring next. I do hope to be able to make sense of all that happened on the mission and speak out about it one day. I can see a lot of potential reform for the very imperfect and too oft-romanticized mission program.

But for right now, I'm very much enjoying things like emails from the people I taught ("YOU MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON ...STILL TRYIN'[ANYWAYS]" (haha... awww...)), Joanna Brooks on Jon Stewart (Part 1 and 2), and US Open Tennis.

1 comment:

austin said...

You rock my socks. Over and out.