Sunday, August 10, 2014

Identity Crisis

From September 2011. I was living in NYC and had taken a trip to California for work.


I'm currently in the glorious Golden State and having a bit of an identity crisis because it is so glorious.
AND WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE BEING SO NICE TO ME?! GEEZ!!! ;)
My love affair with NY (and other places) is a tumultuous one. He treats me terribly and also terribly well... so when I'm over being treated like a subway rat I will return to California's forgiving arms and we will have our happily ever after.
Too many people don't leave either territory, and breaking out of insularity is incredibly valuable.


However, California, you are a sneaky one. I negated that whole 'general outerwear' factor packing, only packing a cropped leather jacket for 'going out at night', because I forgot that it gets shivering at night. HA. I am such a rusty Californian!

Then I remembered over Christmas when I fled the Nor'eastern Blizzard territory and STILL wore two pairs of sweatpants in America's Finest City, San Diego.

Then up to visit my best cousin in San Fran for labor day! We had fun paddle boarding, beach-ing,and hanging out with our older cousins' families in palo alto, girl talking into the wee hours and hanging out with attractive peoples.