Sunday, August 10, 2014

Untitled #23094820

This is what I was up to December 2012. It's very scatterbrained.



I've been doing lots and lots of hot yoga.

Before my summer away this year (ha), I got into a little hobby of running about 25 miles a week with Newton and Vibram barefoot shoes, because I was thinking ahead to the possibility of my comp being a runner and not wanting her to resent me for not having the stamina to keep up. hahahaaaa (read: that scenario never played out, but I did get sent to the mountains which was the "most physically demanding" sisters area... but don't cry for me, really, because we had a car, too). While I enjoyed the strength that comes with being able to run 6 miles with ease, I didn't like the 10-15 pounds I put on (I don't own a scale- that variable is computed based on very unreliable measurements from annual-ish doctor visits). 

Other highlights as of late!

Explaining to a sweet 16 year old, labeled by the state as a juvenile delinquent, what a chador is…and Middle Eastern culture's practice of veiling in general.

Trying to get a handle on my chronic pain. 

Lunches and dinners with old and new friends. 

No comments: