Friday, June 19, 2015

About Face: bronzer and blush

On camera, since everything needs to stay matte, I stay away from the shimmer and sparkle.

Bronzer

I really like Bobbi Brown's Flat Bronzer in Golden Light for contouring. (Yes I contour with the lightest shade of bronzer-- I'm that pale, ha.)



I also just bought MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze which I like as well and is a bit less spency $$.

In normal life, I completely embrace the sparkle. I'll still use my matte bronzer but add on top Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond (Beige is similar) during the Winter months or Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic now that summer's here.

Blush

The key to blush on camera is something that isn't too strong. I've used shades that were a bit too harsh, and looked ruddy on my cheeks, like I had packed dirt on them.

MAC Powder Blush in Cubic is almost laughably light but I love it for the camera. (It's lighter than it looks below)






Bobbi Brown Blush in Nude Peach is also nice if I feel like going the orange route.



A bargain blush my studio's MUA suggested for me is Elf's Tickled Pink. It isn't as pigmented (more powdery excess falls off the brush), but it's a great deal for $3.

Off camera, I like to punch up my blush a bit... I'll use MAC Margin or Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink.

No comments: