Friday, June 19, 2015

About Face


My dad has always advised me to take 3 passions and find a way to combine them into a career.
Three of my greatest passions are reading, writing and .........makeup! And I feel lucky that I've found something that accommodates all three!
I have loved makeup ever since I started wearing it at the end of middle school -- I think it can be transformative and empowering -- and now it is quite literally part of my job.

I'm pretty terrible at traditional forms of art like drawing and painting, but I feel like doing my makeup makes me feel like I CAN be an artist in some regard. Plus, it's very practical and frankly, necessary in my line of work. I've been on camera without it and there is a difference.

So the next few posts will be me gabbing about my fave products and what I've found works to wear on camera, in everyday life and for special more dressy occasions.
I'm working on my hair though. I've never had a knack for it-- I wore it in a ponytail for most of my life before I discovered Keratin treatments (seriously life changing). I only recently taught myself how to use a curling iron, and even then, I'm still not great at it. Most of the time I blow dry, maybe flat iron some outlier pieces, but mainly I just let it fly and hope for the best. Haha.

No comments: